Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cooking and baking are very satisfying,

I find.

Last week I made a lovely Swedish almond cake for a meeting at work. The second pic shows a piece on a plate on my desk. You can just see the mess.



Next up, something very healthy: tuna + butter beans (my new favorites) + spinach + asparagus + red onion + tomatoes. Here it is in stages:




Today I made two loaves of the white whole wheat bread. Slightly different sizes, you'll note, because the pans were different. Anyway: one loaf to eat, one to freeze. 



Finally, tonight's dinner: spinach salad with dried cherries, feta, and pecans; orzo salad with sautéed onions, dates, spinach and parmesan; and a very nice pumpkin soup. I used the Mayo Clinic recipe, so, yes, very healthy, though I cooked the onions in olive oil. Also, I added some curry to cut any sweetness.







No comments:

Post a Comment