Monday, August 31, 2015

Meeting and greeting

Hard to believe it's that time of year again, but, alas. In any case, I was happy to host the MFA meet-&-greet this past weekend. Here are some pics of the food.

I made four salads.

Quinoa with edamame, corn, chick peas, dried cherries & pepitas.

Wild rice, cantaloupe, blueberries, spinach, toasted almonds & feta. My favorite.

Mixed greens with sautéed asparagus, toasted pecans, blue cheese. My vinaigrette.

Watermelon, tomato, feta salad. An old stand-by.

I also made two quick breads: beer bread and cherry-walnut bread. The latter is a Cherry Republic recipe.

And for dessert, two kinds of cookies: NY Times chocolate chip (the best...) and chocolate-pumpkin seed cookies (also very good).

Whew! That was fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment