Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's a wonder I get anything done

Anything besides cooking, I mean.

A busy day.

First: almond butter, which isn't necessarily all that photogenic, but it is delicious. Very simple: almonds, canola, olive oil, honey, salt. Roasted, then processed.




Then, oatmeal bread, KAF recipe. Tried and true.


Note the messy counter. 

Or just crowded. 

Bananas, shallots, avocados, butternut squash, some just washed kale and, just barely in the background, the best brownie mix ever: Kroger brand. 

I'm not kidding. 

Of course homemade brownies are great too... but, honestly, this mix is the best. 

Fudgy, not cakey. 

*

Meanwhile, I made some tomato soup as the bread baked. 

Here it is simmering....


And here it is after having been put into the blender. 


Very pretty, I think. 

Also, during the meanwhile: some kale chips, just as a snack.



And then the bread was done.



A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment